Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

Hello Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:
Stefan Sassenberg <stefan.sassenberg@xxxxxx> writes:
PANIK:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

What LC_CTYPE and LC_MESSAGES settings are you using?  We've seen
problems of this ilk when gettext() produces messages encoded in the
"wrong" encoding (ie, not what the database encoding is).

postgresql.conf has an entry lc_messages = 'de_DE@euro'
postgresql.log says [...] LC_MESSAGES=de_DE@euro

I can't find anything about LC_CTYPE. No user on my machine has any of those variables as environment variables.

Update: I copied the script text into a pgadmin query window and found out, that the error vanishes when I comment out all CONSTRAINT lines from my CREATE TABLE statements.

Stefan