Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [HACKERS] Schema Limitations ?

Thanks Jim for the interesting information.

in theory what Is the best method (clustering software, or regular postgresql configuration ?) to spread/partition schemas between physical machines within a single database? Is it even possible?? I have been using postgres for many years, and the vanilla type install / configuration has always suited my development & production needs...

currently, i have separate databases that i can obviously scale by having different database servers, and i have j2ee application servers that sits in front of postgres to manage/synchronize the relationships between the databases. I'm thinking I can possibly gain efficiencies and simplify the application logic by collapsing the data into one database, and sharing the sharable data through a "shareable" schema, and each deployed application into it's own schema...

how are other people scaling out ? just wondering what other people think is the best approach ?

thanks,

Chris