Search Postgresql Archives

Advocacy generation for Postgrsql

Greetings, I am Michael Dean,

At the suggestion of some of the guys in the Postgresql-advocacy community, I am starting to compile some important lists, which I hope to make more exhaustive than currently available. From those lists, I expect to generate some definite new outcomes for the Postgresql community. Hopefully, you might help by providing any relevant information you have at your disposal for these lists, and marketing materials.

These lists are:

  1.

     Open Source ISP's who currently don't support client databases in
     Postgresql, or offer back end support, but who might be helped to
     do so with some minimal collaboration. 1-to-1 anybody?  Along
     these lines, we are interested in providing ready-made stacks
     entitled LAPP or BAPP for folks who need to be co-located.

  2.

     Really great community-based open source applications that fully
     support Postgresql, such as opencrx.org and bitweaver.org. This
     will help to enlarge our community.

  3.

     Really great community-based open source applications that DO NOT
     support Postgresql, or that are biased toward another commercial
     or open source database. It is Important these applications be
     open to upgrading to Postgresql but may need some technical help
     to do so. Examples: ispconfig.org and LAMS.

  4.

     Lists of published (online or print) articles or mentions of the
     use of Postgresql in government agencies, schools, nonprofits, and
     profit making companies worldwide. Yes, we know about the recent
     highlighting of Postgresql as an upgrade from mysql in Infoworld.

In addition, if anyone has any blurbs, comments, jokes, chapters of books, white papers, success stories, marketing collateral materials, or any non-published documents you want to share, send them in. Caveat: I intend to compile and publish everything I receive under the creative commons license (which in my mind is most synchronous to the BSD license), so if you want to retain a proprietary copyright on your material, don't send it. Also, if you wish your comments or materials to be anonymous, please tell me so. My preference is the academic standard of maximizing credits for submissions.

My intended outcomes: create exceptional marketing collateral materials for Postgresql; get 10 major projects to support Postgresql in their applications; create 5 detailed success stories related to TCO and ROI by implementing Postgresql; publish exhaustive compilations.

If you have ANY suggestions that dovetail with these ideas, please let me know. I am just one person with some initial zeal for a great database

Please send everything offlist to: mdean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx