Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Advantages of PostgreSQL over MySQL 5.0

Tony Caduto wrote:

Jimbo1 wrote:

"With MySQL, customers across all industries are finding ...

If any PostgreSQL devotees on this group can comment on the above and
its accuracy/inaccuracy, I'd really appreciate it.

That's exactly what it is "propoganda", I can think of two really high profile Postgresql installs that have recently been discussed:

1. The Wisconsin Court System, search the archives for a recent post about this.
2. The entire .org and .info domains are stored in a Postgresql database.

I am sure there are many more.

Whenever this kind of question comes up, I always enjoy re-reading (Caution: Flame War Impending!) the "MySQL Gotchas" at

http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

even though that is getting dated.

-- BMT