Search Postgresql Archives

Re: address matching and verification

Aaron Griffin wrote:
I have two large databases of addresses (street name and number, postal
code and municipality).  I need to match the addresses to varify that
they actually do exist.

Are you comparing the two databases?
Are the formats the same?
What rules are you going to use to determine a match - an exact match, or will you try to handle small spelling errors?
If there is a discrepancy is database A guaranteed to be right?
What about an address in B that isn't in A?

> has anyone done this before with pgAdmin?

I'm not sure it's got anything to do with pgAdmin - that's just a user-interface to the database.

I'd write a small Perl script, but you'll need to provide more information if you'd like something more specific.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd