Search Postgresql Archives

Re: mac os x compile failure

On Jan 24, 2006, at 9:21 , Michael Glaesemann wrote:

On Jan 22, 2006, at 3:10 , Tom Lane wrote:

That's odd --- AFAIR I've never had trouble building bison on my OS X
laptop.  What happens when you try?

I neglected to take any notes. I remember it was complaining about "muscle" something-or-other during make.

I have mixed emotions about it, but bison 1.875 built with no problems the very first time I tried when I went in to service the machine. No evidence at all of the problems I had building bison-1.875 and bison-2.1 last week. I can't imagine what I did differently. It was a straightforward ./configure --prefix=/usr/ local, make, make install. Kinda feel silly that I can't replicate the error, but glad that it went fine.

One workaround would be to check out from CVS and then drop in the bison
output files from the 8.1.2 release tarball.

I'll give that a shot when I get back to that machine, probably this coming weekend.

Install from CVS when just fine. No error due to F_FULLSYNC, and configure properly displayed
checking whether F_FULLFSYNC is declared... no

Mac OS X 10.2.8
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-cvs --with-pgport=5431 -- mandir=/usr/local/share/man/ --with-includes=/sw/include/ --with- libraries=/sw/lib/

Full output from configure, make, make install available if desired. make check failed because it wasn't able to initdb (not enough memory available) and I didn't want to mess around with changing shmem*. (I don't even remember how to do that on an OS X 10.2 box.) Is there a way to set the number of connections lower for the regression tests?

Thanks again, Tom. Looks like this fixed it.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com