Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Plans for 8.2?

On Jan 13, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Why just Slony? There's at least 2 other free replication solutions I
can think of off the top of my head, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

Slony is the only free OSS postgreSQL replication solution that I would ever suggest to someone.

However if the project is going to start suggesting replication solutions it should suggest all of them.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Why would you only recommend Slony? How does it compare to Sequoia or p/cluster? I have to admit that reading about Slony II sounded very good, but it's apparently far off from reality. What's the best solution that would work on OS X Server?

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE