Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Plans for 8.2?

Jim C. Nasby wrote:
On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 10:39:06PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

Easy everyone. Let's not bite the newcomers too hard here.

2.      Define "endorse".  Does that mean "in the backend"?  So
everyone has to pay the performance penalty even though they won't
all use it?  Even though no other database system makes you make that
compromise?
I would presume that at least packaged with PG (in the contrib section)
would be a good start. A prominent, east to find link to Slony on
the website would help too.

Why just Slony? There's at least 2 other free replication solutions I
can think of off the top of my head, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

Slony is the only free OSS postgreSQL replication solution that I would ever suggest to someone.

However if the project is going to start suggesting replication solutions it should suggest all of them.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake