Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 8.1 removed functions

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 05:34:47PM -0800, nielsgron@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> With PG 8.0 I was using a query using makeaclitem() and aclcontains()
> to extract permissions.  Here is a sample query for database
> permissions ...
[...]
> What is the recommended manner to extract object permissions for 8.1
> now that these functions are not available?

aclcontains is still there but makeaclitem's signature has changed:

8.0.5
test=> \df makeaclitem|aclcontains
                                   List of functions
   Schema   |    Name     | Result data type |           Argument data types
------------+-------------+------------------+------------------------------------------
 pg_catalog | aclcontains | boolean          | aclitem[], aclitem
 pg_catalog | makeaclitem | aclitem          | integer, integer, integer, text, boolean
(2 rows)

8.1.1
test=> \df makeaclitem|aclcontains
                           List of functions
   Schema   |    Name     | Result data type |   Argument data types
 pg_catalog | aclcontains | boolean          | aclitem[], aclitem
 pg_catalog | makeaclitem | aclitem          | oid, oid, text, boolean
(2 rows)

For examples look at standard views that use makeaclitem:

SELECT * FROM pg_views WHERE definition ~* 'makeaclitem';

--
Michael Fuhr