Search Postgresql Archives

feature: dynamic DB cache resizing

We have ~75 pgsql clusters running in environments where downtime
comes at a premium cost.  We often run multiple clusters on a
single box, and find it necessary to adjust the size of the
static DB cache as we add or move clusters.  Unfortunately, that
means some downtime.  It would be extremely useful in minimizing
downtime to be able to dynamically resize the DB cache without
having to restart the cluster.  How hard would that be?

Ed