Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid

One thing you might consider is the 'Base' application from
openoffice.  I'm not sure it's what you want, but it might work...  In
any case it's likely worth looking at.

> > I prefer major (A status) programming language using classification from
> > http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm

... wandering off topic ...

> I'm not sure if I would trust a programming language ranking that is based
> on search-engine results. First, a higher rating might indicate that people
> have lots of trouble with the language (Because the search for, and post
> solution-x for the problems).

Well, if they're not using it, they're not going to have problems
either.  Having used a slew of programming languages, including some
fancy, less popular ones myself, I am pretty sure that people run into
problems with all of them:-)

> Seconds, _any_ programming language comparision
> that doesn't say in what _context_ or for which _problems_ a language is
> good, and for which it is bad, is worthless IMHO.

Anyone who decides solely by looking at stats is kind of silly.  That
said, though, I think there is some validity to these kinds of
things...  Here's my attempt at something similar with more data
sources:

http://www.dedasys.com/articles/language_popularity.html

As I say, though...take things with a grain of salt.  I did those
stats with Tcl, and Hecl, which don't figure highly in the results;-)

Saluti,
--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/