Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid

Andrus wrote:
I want to create editable grid (client application) for large Postgres
table:

At startup this grid show first screenful of records and allows to edit
them.
When user presses page down key, this grid should read next screenful of
records and allow to edit them etc.
PgADMIN tries to read the whole table.

Is there any free toolkit or sample application for this ?

Umm - running on what platform?

In Microsoft Windows

Written in what language?

I'm in progress of selecting development platform.
pgAdmin3 is written in C++, using the cross-plattform and free
GUI-Toolkit wxwindows (www.wxwindows.org I believe).
pgAdmin3 includes an editable grid-view (right-click a table, and
select "Edit Data").

I believe pgAdmin3 is licensed under a BSD-License, so you might even
be able to reuse some code.

I prefer major (A status) programming language using classification from http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm
I'm not sure if I would trust a programming language ranking that is based
on search-engine results. First, a higher rating might indicate that people
have lots of trouble with the language (Because the search for, and post
solution-x for the problems). Seconds, _any_ programming language comparision
that doesn't say in what _context_ or for which _problems_ a language is
good, and for which it is bad, is worthless IMHO.

Including C,C++,Visual Basic, PHP and PL/SQL(!) in the _same_ ranking is just
insane. They serve vastly difference purposes (Just imagine a web-application
in PL/SQL, a kernel in Visual Basic or a GUI-Applikation in PHP)

greetings, Florian Pflug