Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Installation trouble - Solved (?)

Tom Lane wrote:
Steve Crawford <scrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Interesting.  I had just come to the conclusion that you were missing
some files...

....the other four files all exist and are in
the glibc-common RPM, which means that it's pretty much impossible not
to have them installed.  I wasn't aware that other distros package them
as optional, but now we know.

Well, the good news is that we can at least say that if you get the message:

FATAL:  XX000: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""

then check to make sure that glibc-locale is properly installed.

Perhaps this will help the next person to search the archives for that message.

Cheers,
Steve