Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgresql8.0.3/FreeBSD5.4/MIT or HEIMDAL KRB5

I am having difficulty compiling postgresql8.0.3 using ports on FreeBSD. I
need to use either MIT or HEIMDAL KRB5 to 'make' it.
How do I do it? (I am a newbie with make). make --DWITH_MIT_KRB5 etc haven't
worked out.

With many of the ports it's good to read the "Makefile" which is in directory of the port in question as it usually contains a list of several of the user tweakable options i.e. "knobs". FreeBSD base install contains HEIMDAL kerberos so if you have to use MIT version you'll need to install that first via ports and then link Postgres against it.

With heimdal you'll need a commandline like:

make WITH_HEIMDAL_KRB5=yes

(now and then with some ports you'll have to define the directory where the kerberos libraries are installed as well) -Reko

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend