Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

Scott Marlowe wrote:

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 13:09, Chris Travers wrote:

The problem, as explained to me when I floated this idea, is that the
CATALOGS are all in lower case, and many references to them are behind
the case folding mechanism (i.e. they get accessed by their lower case
names directly by backend software).

So, one would also have to have some way of working around that.

So basically, the problem is that any fix for case folding would touch a fair bit of code and possibly cause other problems. However, I haven't seen anyone worry about performance issues in such a fix, just that it might be a fair bit of work.

However, if it is not on the TODO list already, it seems that it should be there as it really is necessary for standards-compliance.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

      match