Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Extraordinarily slow!!

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:38:46AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Justin R. Smith" <jsmith@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Interestingly, it does NOT help to have X forwarding turned off only in
> > the client: sshd itself must not do any forwarding.
>
> [ scratches head... ]  That makes no sense at all.  psql doesn't even
> know what X is, let alone try to open X connections for every database
> operation.

What's the PAGER? The only thing I can think of is that the pager is
some program that tries to detect if it can launch an X viewer instead
of less...

> How are you using ssh to access the database, exactly?  Is psql running
> through a tunnel port, or what?  What versions of ssl/ssh at each end of
> the connection?

And the value of the PAGER variable and where it points to if it's a
link.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog@xxxxxxxxx>   http://svana.org/kleptog/