Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Blob data type and it's efficiency on PostgreSQL

Stas Oskin schrieb:

Hi.

We are using PostgreSQL as the RDBMS for our product, and are very happy with it. Recently, we have encountered a need to store a lot of binary files, mainly images (up to ~100,000 files, with sizes varying from 300K-2MB).

The question is, how well PostgreSQL performs with the blob data type, and is it practical to store these files as blobs?

Thanks in advance,

Stas Oskin.

We save binary data in pgsql without problems. (Especially icons, Report definitions, Images, ...) Be carefull with dump and restore because it is a bit complicated to work with blobs here.

Daniel

      match