Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql Hosting

Various people wrote:
...PostgreSQL...crontab support...pl/pgsql

I've found that with if you can get 5 companies/users to share a dedicated server you can be much better off than a hosting plan,
and have full control over the services you run.

I'm sharing with 5 other small businesses a dedicated server with 60GB
hard drive, 700GB monthly bandwidth on a 10Mbps link for $49/month.

This works out to $10/month for each us for 10GB hard drive
and 100GB transfer (quotas we set for ourselves with some
overhead for the OS).

So far I haven't seen any hosted plan offering anything
competitive with that.

The best part is that we can run whatever we want.  I
needed postgis; so I ran a separate postgresql install for
a while on a different port until it was stable before
upgrading the rest of the guys.  One of the guys had
wierder needs, so he ran his own user-mode linux.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq