Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 limiting max_connections to 64 ?

max_connections, shared_buffers, shmmax were tweaked, but the server does not seems to respect the 500 max_connections... i *know* i'm missing something obvious, but, what could be wrong ?... i'm lost... any help would be most appreciated... please.

A completely stupid response but don't take it pseronally.

Did you remove the # from in front of the max_connections parameter and
do a COMPLETE restart?

Can you post the relevent portions of your postgresql.conf file? Do you
see any error messsages when starting the database up (perhaps about
shared memory or such)? We also run a postfix mailserver (with maildrop,
courier-imap/vauthchkpw, etc) against a postgresql database with
max_connections set to 512 (FreeBSD 5.x machine). On the delivery end of
things we pool the connections from the postfix server using proxymap(8)
(which helped ease the connections load).

Sven

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

      match