Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Cascades Failing

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Jake Stride wrote:

> I seem to be having some problems with cascading updates, I seem to
> remember that this worked in the database in 7.4 but seems to fail in 8,
> can anyone give me any pointer please as I seem to be able to find
> anything about this online.

I think this is similar to the issue recently reported on -bugs.  My
theory there was that trigger timing changes between 7.4 and 8.0 seems to
have caused the sequence of checks inside the trigger manager and triggers
that prevented intermediate states from being checked to become broken.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend