Search Postgresql Archives

Re: duplicate messages?

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:46:05AM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

Seems unlikely unless folks like Tom Lane, Stephan Szabo, and Richard
Huxton have unsubscribed and resubscribed lately... Funny thing is it
isnt every messages, but maybe half of them. And its not to specific
users, sometimes one of Toms emails will duplicate but sometimes not.
Further more it only seems to be happening on pgsql-general emails and
not on any of the other lists... I also notice this is only happening on
one of my subscribed emails, not the other, which is a little weird...
according to the headers though, this problem is happening further
upstream.

I'd think it would be a problem with your "last mile", because it seems
to be a localized problem.  Maybe an SMTP server dropping connections at
the last moment, or a deliver program crashing after delivering (leading
to re-delivery), or something like that.

You'd have to show us the headers though.

For the last few days, I am getting about half of the messages on -general in duplicate also. I've attached two messages that I got in duplicate for header perusal.

It seems kind of unlikely that this should start happening to all of us at once.

Paul

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:46:56PM +0200, denis@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm now testing with pg_pool installed on each apache frontend with 260
> pg_pool preforked clients in each machine.
>
> The database seems to work better. At least when it goes to swap it
> doesn't stop working...

Wait, are you saying your database server is swapping? You'll never get
any kind of performance if that's the case.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant               decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

--- End Message ---