Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql with max_connections=4096

I picked 260 because 256 are the max clients in the apache configuration file. My problem is that every apache request need to make a connection to the database, so if I have all the 256 apache processes working, I need at least 256 pg_pool processes.

However, with the pg_pgpool installed in each machine with 260 preforked clients, the test ended quite well. The postgresql server didn't loaded two much and errors like "There is already a transaction in progress" disappeared (I think that was a problem with the apache persistent connections).

I encountered also other problems that I must to check. I think they are caused by my application.

As soon as I have some results, I'll let you know.

Thank you,
Denis