Search Postgresql Archives

Stored Procedures for Security

What is everyone's opinion for exclusively using Stored Procedures for increased security? The scenario I am thinking of means having one user which is widely accessible (large numbers of staff/user for example) and only has access to some stored procedures, which where create with SECURITY DEFINER so that they are run with the definers permissions (which are assumed liberal enough to do whatever is needed of the stored procedures.) I am especially wondering about how easy it would be to write the functions in a way which made it very hard/impossible to do something that wasn't intended of them. Has anyone implemented anything like this before? What was developing new bits of code which required access to it like?

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend