Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Making the DB secure

Együd Csaba wrote:
Dear Sean,
yes, maybe. But actually I thought some suggestions. The only real problem of mine is to
configure the SSL. I am able configure the pg_hba.conf (at least I think so
now), we have a firewal on the server too.
I meant that maybe somebody can suggest something to make the thing more
secure.

If you want security, your database should be on one machine, your web server on another and all behind your firewall which would be yet another machine.

I tend to agree with a Sean. If you don't know what you're doing, you should get a consultant who does. Production is not the place to learn how to secure a box.

--
Until later, Geoffrey