Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [SQL] Permission denied for language pltclu

Dinesh Pandey wrote:
Hi Richard/ Michael

Thanks for your great help.

I got the problem.

Actually, I was not getting the cause of this problem, because it was
working properly at our end.

Actually this problem occurs when the function is being created by the user
who has not created the current database.

Solution: The database must be created by the user who is creating the pltcl
function? Right

Not quite. Read the chapter on users I mentioned in the manuals. Then, try a "SELECT * FROM pg_user" and look at the "usesuper" column. Then, try "ALTER USER username CREATEUSER" and "ALTER USER username NOCREATEUSER" - see how these affect pg_user.

In short, a "superuser" is a user who can create other users.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq