Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Old problem needs solution

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 05:55:36PM -0500, Gerald D. Anderson wrote:
> Ok, you're over my head now so I'm just going to post the results in the
> hope that something clicks.  Here ya go:

Ok, I diff'ed both and guess what:

("a" is your output, "b" is mine)

07:19  drizzt ~ 0$ diff a b
38c38
< :limitCount <> :hierClause <> :setOperations <> :resultRelations ()})
---
> :limitCount <> :setOperations <> :resultRelations ()})

So we now have confirmed that the problem is the hierarchical queries
patch.

> That help?  *cringe*

I guess your build with the "use flag" wasn't successful.  I think you
have two choices:

1. really build with the patch installed, and dump your data using that

2. Make an update of pg_rewrite in order to get rid of that.  I think
this is easier, but you should be very careful not to corrupt the table.
I'd start by doing a CREATE TABLE AS to copy the contents of pg_rewrite
somewhere else, just in case you screw it up.  Then come up with some
clever UPDATE query to remove the extraneous ":hierClause <> " part.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"In Europe they call me Niklaus Wirth; in the US they call me Nickel's worth.

    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)