Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Old problem needs solution

Ok, well it looks like Richard owes Tom a lunch, or that's my best guess anyway. I am running Gentoo, as far as that particular patch, I'm unsure, but if it's installed by default then yes. So, I've pulled down the earliest ebuild I can get which is 7.3.6. Get it installed and go to start it:

FATAL: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.4, which is not compatible with this version 7.3.6.

So, the plot thickens. Is there somewhere I can go tweak a few bytes to make it think it's 7.3? Also, is 7.3 going to be early enough? This database has been around for years, and like I said, I'm not sure when this happened : /

Truly appreciate the help guys!