Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Image storage questions

Can you or anyone share your experiences with using blobs as opposed to bytea or storing externally? I'm particularly interested to know if loading a large number of images is going to crowd my DB cache?

Large Objects stream (for lack of a better term) to the client in 8k? chunks so it typically isn't too bad.

Bytea gives you everything all at once which is fine for small objects.

External storing is useful but I prefer LO because all my data (binary and meta) is all in the same place for management.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Ed