Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10

>>You need to find out what's triggering that.  Turning on query logging
>>would be a good way of investigating.

 Which directives can I use to enable this ?
debug_print_parse ? debug_print_rewritten ? debug_print_plan ?
debug_pretty_print ?

>>Rather large, shared buffers for a machine with only 1 gig of ram.  640
>>Meg of RAM means the kernel is basically double buffering everything.
>>have you tested with smaller settings and this setting was the best?

I had 256 of RAM then I increase to 1GB thinking this could be a
problem of out of memory or a buggy memory...... After this "upgrade"
I increase the numbers of shared buffers,etc

It's important to say that the max memory usage reach to only 80%.

What values do you suggest ?

>>You might want to look in your signal man page on BSD and see what
>>signal 10 means.  On solaris it's a bus error.  Not a clue what it is in
>>FreeBSD myself though.

FreeBSD man page say: 10    SIGBUS

The system does not generate core dump file for this error.....

Regards,

    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)