Search Postgresql Archives

Re: preserving data after updates

Its called a "temporal database".
Usually its intended for medical or police databases where
you need a hind sight. i.e. if today is 31/12/2005, what did we know at
20/12/2005.
for example, for a doctor appearing at court and required to testify
what he knew at 20/12/2005.
Very cool.
It would be nice if postgreSQL could have a switch that
could turn it into a temporal database.

Regards,
	tzahi.