Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slony uninstall info/warning

Richard Huxton wrote:
> Hmm - not sure you could do this without a savepoint to catch the
> error.
> However, it might be possible to add track dependencies with the
> function (as with views). Then you'd have to issue a CASCADE to alter
> the table.

If you use Oracle and drop and recreate a table (or any other object) referred to by a function or procedure, and then execute the procedure/function, it will work fine. Oracle will figure out that it needs recompiling (including dependent objects) and will do it prior to execution.

You don't get bitten by caches or OID issues... :(

Maybe someone will get to this for 8.1?

John Sidney-Woollett

ps That having been said I still think postgres is very good, and we're only using 7.4 at the moment!...

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster