Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Help Resolving Compiler Errors With enable-dtrace Flag

Barry Walker <mstrchef7@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have compiled vanilla pg16.4 with the same flags and the probes got
> created and linked as expected with no issues so I'm assuming there is some
> difference in the custom version that is causing the errors but I'm having
> a hard time tracking it down. I'm wondering if anyone here has any
> experience with this error or has any hints as to why the linker can't find
> these definitions or even just where the actual definitions for these
> probes should live so I can try to work backwards and see if there is any
> differences in the custom version that is messing with the linker.

I'd read

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/dynamic-trace.html#DEFINING-TRACE-POINTS

and then go see if those tracepoints are fully conforming to the
coding rules in the modified version.  A plausible bet is that
their entries in probes.d don't entirely match up with the calls
in the source code.  You could compare the relevant bits of code
between vanilla and modified 16.4 if the problem isn't immediately
obvious.

			regards, tom lane