Search Postgresql Archives

Connection between PostgreSQL and SAP HANA database

Please excuse the late reply. I didn't have time to continue working on this project.

I still don't get a response to the query. The query continues indefinitely and the data output window shows only „Waiting for the query to complete...“

In the SAP HANA logs i can’t find any access of my PostgreSQL-query, the Microsoft solution works perfectly and is visible in the log.

Is it not possible to connect to the SAP HANA database with PostgreSQL or are there errors in my setup?

My current expectation of the data stream: PostgreSQL -> odbc_fdw -> HDBODBC (SAP-driver) –> SAP HANA database

But how can I set up the connection between the two ODBC drivers?

Has anyone already implemented a project like this and can tell me how to establish the connection to SAP?

> Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx

> <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>) asked:

> Postgres version?

> PostgreSQL 16 with pgAdmin 16 4.2.2

Have you tried tried this using psql?

> Have you looked at Postgres log for errors?

>                  No errors during the query in the log, only a

> „unrecognized winsock error 10054“ at the start of the pg client

Have you looked at the SAP HANA logs to see if a connection is even attempted?

Ron Johnson (ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx) asked me the following. Answers below:

1. What error did you get?

No error, the query runns into infinity (>30 min.) without a result.

2. Which command caused the error?

Test-query like SELECT * FROM hana_table LIMIT 10;

3. What version of the odbc_fdw are you using?

Latest, Version 0.5.2

4. What version of Postgresql are you using?

PostgreSQL 16 with pgAdmin 16 4.2.2

Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx) asked:

Postgres version?

PostgreSQL 16 with pgAdmin 16 4.2.2

SAP HANA version?

SAP HANA database 2.00.07400

odbc_fdw version and where did you get it from?

                I use the odbc_fdw from https://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/409-PostgreSQL-16-64-bit-for-Windows-FDWs.html

How do you know you are not making a connection?

                No results from the query, no suggestions in the foreign table creation menu

Have you looked at Postgres log for errors?

                No errors during the query in the log, only a „unrecognized winsock error 10054“ at the start of the pg client

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to establish a connection between PostgreSQL and a SAP HANA database. Unfortunately, so far without success.

SAP's own ODBC driver works correctly and I can query the HANA database using an ISQL command. However, I can't establish a connection from PostgreSQL.

I used the following commands to establish the connection:

CREATE SERVER hana_server

FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER odbc_fdw

OPTIONS (dsn 'SAP_ODBC_DNS');

CREATE FOREIGN TABLE hana_table (

  matnr VARCHAR(40)

)

SERVER hana_server

OPTIONS (table 'SAPABAP1.MARA');

CREATE USER MAPPING FOR postgres

SERVER hana_server

OPTIONS (odbc_user 'secret_user', odbc_password 'secret_password');

Can anyone tell me where the error is?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. A. Andreas Thürmann

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. A. Andreas Thürmann
Teamleitung IT-Applikationen & BI
IT-Applikationen & BI

Schönmackers Umweltdienste GmbH & Co. KG
Hooghe Weg 1
47906 Kempen
Tel:
Fax:
E-Mail:
+49 (2152) 207 6765

andreas.thuermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsere aktuellen Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Artikel 13 DSGVO finden Sie hier: Kunden  / Bewerber .

Schönmackers Umweltdienste GmbH & Co. KG, Hooghe Weg 1, 47906 Kempen, Sitz: Kempen, Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRA 3763,
p.h.G.: Schönmackers Umweltdienste Verwaltung GmbH, Sitz: Kempen, Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 6153,
Geschäftsführer: Sabrina Michelbrink, Oliver Zimmermann
www.schoenmackers.de