Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Load balancing of write queries among health-checked nodes

Among PostgreSQL instances there is only one master. But yes, each server may be considered master by the clients because it's Pgpool-II will redirect write queries to the actual master. Maybe it's even better to avoid this unnecessary traffic between servers and decide which Pgpool-II is in front of the master on the client side, but this is optional.