Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Significant Execution Time Difference Between PG13.14 and PG16.4 for Query on information_schema Tables.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2024 at 18:00, Justin Clift <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As a general thought, seeing that this might be an actual problem
> should some kind of automated testing be added that checks for
> performance regressions like this?

We normally try to catch these sorts of things with regression tests.
Of course, that requires having a test that would catch a particular
problem, which we don't seem to have for this particular case.  A
performance test would also require testing a particular scenario, so
I don't see why that's better.  A regression test is better suited as
there's no middle ground between pass and fail.

David