Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Issue Installing PostgreSQL 17 on Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy)

Hi Ray,

I appreciate the clarification regarding the release status of PostgreSQL 17. Understanding that it is currently in the beta phase, I am eager to integrate this version into my development and testing workflows.

Could you please assist me by providing the following information:

  • Instructions on how to access and install the beta version of PostgreSQL 17 via the PostgreSQL APT repository for Ubuntu.
  • Details on where I can find the binary installation files for PostgreSQL 17 beta for Windows.

Thank you once again for your continued support.

Best regards,

Jyoti

On Mon, Aug 26, 2024 at 4:13 PM Ray O'Donnell <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/08/2024 07:52, Jyoti Saxena wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m encountering an issue while trying to install PostgreSQL 17 on my
> Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy) system. I followed the installation instructions
> from the official PostgreSQL website
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/.

I don't know what's currently available in the PG apt repo, but
PostgreSQL 17 hasn't been released yet. Maybe you need to ask for a beta
package or something?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland