Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step

On 7/22/24 13:15, Ertan Küçükoglu wrote:
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>>, 22 Tem 2024 Pzt, 22:56 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

    Why not use that?

There was already an installed PostgreSQL just failing to start.
I used that localization tool and it started again.
This was the production system where Windows update changed the name of the Turkish localization.

I am trying to set myself a development and testing system now.
I lost my old VMs and need to install PostgreSQL fresh.
Unfortunately, the installer has issues. No cluster being initialized, no service is installed.

It would seem to me the process would be:

1) Create Windows VM

2) Run the localizer tool in the VM to get the old locale name in place.

3) Run the installer.

Restoring a Windows backup into Linux system failed due to encoding problems.

I cannot clone from production systems. They are using different virtualization.
My internet connection cannot handle the raw disk image transfer anyway.

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan

--
Adrian Klaver