Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows installation problem at post-install step

Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>, 22 Tem 2024 Pzt, 22:56 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Why not use that?

There was already an installed PostgreSQL just failing to start.
I used that localization tool and it started again.
This was the production system where Windows update changed the name of the Turkish localization.

I am trying to set myself a development and testing system now.
I lost my old VMs and need to install PostgreSQL fresh.
Unfortunately, the installer has issues. No cluster being initialized, no service is installed.
Restoring a Windows backup into Linux system failed due to encoding problems.

I cannot clone from production systems. They are using different virtualization.
My internet connection cannot handle the raw disk image transfer anyway.

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan