Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Planet Postgres and the curse of AI

On Fri, 19 Jul 2024 at 00:31, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps there could be a way to report misleading, bad content and a policy that says
> that you can be banned if you repeatedly write grossly misleading and counterfactual
> content.  Stuff like "to improve performance, set fast_mode = on and restart the database".

As a first step, maybe it's worth just privately writing to the
offenders telling them what's been seen, giving them a chance to
improve and letting them know what they're doing isn't going
unnoticed.  If I was doing this and someone pointed out lots of silly
mistakes with something I'd published, I'd be very embarrassed and I'd
reconsider my blog writing approach.

It might also be worth considering if we want to have a policy on LLM
usage in https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/planet-postgresql/
.  If we want to disallow blogs written by LLMs then we'd need to be
careful about how we define that as doing something like using an
LLM-based spell checker does not seem like it should be disallowed.
But to what degree exactly should that be allowed?

David