Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Reset sequence to current maximum value of rows [RESOLVED]

On Thu, 13 Jun 2024, David G. Johnston wrote:

There is no way, in the absence of a user trigger, that the above insert
command changed pre-existing rows. And if you cannot reproduce the
behavior you claim to have seen I will continue to just assume you have
faulty memory.

David,

While there might be no way that what happened could happen, did happen.

You're welcome to your opinion about my memory yet my eyes saw the results
of the select statement.

Regardless, I updated all of yesterday's company insertions so they're now
all correct (again.) Found another one I missed then and successfully
inserted it without specifying the PK field or its DEFAULT value as I
learned from Ron's reply.

Regards,

Rich