Search Postgresql Archives

Re: search_path and SET ROLE

st 22. 5. 2024 v 21:38 odesílatel Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx> napsal:
On Wed, May 22, 2024 at 2:02 PM Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2024 at 13:48, Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As a superuser administrator, I need to be able to see ALL tables in ALL schemas when running "\dt", not just the ones in "$user" and public.  And I need it to act consistently across all the systems.

\dt *.*

Also shows information_schema, pg_catalog, and pg_toast.  I can adjust to that, though.

But I am skeptical how often you really want this in a real database with more than a few tables. Surely \dn+ followed by \dt [schemaname].* for a few strategically chosen [schemaname] would be more useful?

More than you'd think.  I'm always looking up the definition of this table or that table (mostly for indices and keys), and I never remember which schema they're in.

\d *.pg_class

Unfortunately  in this case, tab complete doesn't work