Search Postgresql Archives

Moving delta data faster

 Hi All,
 It's postgresql database version 15.4. We have a requirement in which we will be initially moving full table data for 3-4 tables, from source database to target(i.e. postgres) . Maximum number of rows will be ~10million rows in those tables. Then subsequently these rows will be inserted/updated based on the delta number of rows that got inserted/updated in the source database. In some cases these changed data can flow multiple times per day to the downstream i.e. postgres database and in other cases once daily.

 Want to understand , if we should use upsert(insert on conflict) or merge statements or anything else in such a scenario so as to persist those delta records faster in the target database, while making the system online to the users?

Regards
Yudhi