Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Grants and privileges issue

On 2024-03-28 22:43 +0100, sud wrote:
> Regarding my second question, I am still unable to find out why we are
> seeing "*no privileges were granted for cron/partman/part_config*' message
> while adding the grants to the user?

Because the role that is granting the privileges is missing the grant
option.  For example below, alice is missing the grant option and she
gets that warning when she wants to grant her privileges to bob.

	=# CREATE ROLE alice; CREATE ROLE bob; CREATE TABLE t (a int);
	CREATE ROLE
	CREATE ROLE
	CREATE TABLE
	=# GRANT ALL ON t TO alice;
	GRANT
	=# SET ROLE alice;
	SET
	=> GRANT ALL ON t TO bob;
	WARNING:  no privileges were granted for "t"
	GRANT

With GRANT ALL ON t TO alice WITH GRANT OPTION it would've worked.

--
Erik