Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostGres ODBC too slow

On 3/15/24 3:40 AM, vedant patel wrote:
Hello There,

Recently, we've encountered some performance issues with the ODBC driver provided by Postgres. Upon investigation, we noticed that switching from the UNICODE to ANSI driver resulted in performance improvements for some queries, albeit at the expense of others.

To delve deeper into this matter, I conducted tests using a Python script with the psycopg2 library, and the results were significantly better. However, to address this issue comprehensively, I've explored alternative ODBC drivers available in the market. While some minor improvements were observed in a few queries with a different driver, the overall performance remains a concern.

Given your extensive experience in this area, I would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations on which ODBC driver would be most suitable for our use case. Any advice or suggestions you could offer would be immensely helpful in resolving this performance issue.

This will probably get a better answer quicker over at the ODBC list:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-odbc/

Let me know in case of any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx