Search Postgresql Archives

Re: select results on pg_class incomplete

You solve a problem that no one has. Data belonging together may still be divided into schemas in a database. Thus, the metadata is also reported and archived individually per database.

I am not sure, we are taking about the same problem, but would be surprised to be the only one having experienced filling disks. Maybe, I am just that old already that disk space has become so cheep, the problem does not exist any longer.

With respect to metadata and databases: The point is not that I cannot see the tables in another schema (I believe, did not check yet), but in other databases. While this actually does not matter much, I still hold it true that a disk getting filled up does not care in which database or schema a explosively growing table resides. So, if I have a disk getting filled up, I would like to get easily information on the problematic structures in one go. With PostgreSQL this does not seem to be possible out of the box. I now can query each database separately, or I can create auxiliary structures like dblink and views to accommodate for a "single" query solution. My two dimes.