Search Postgresql Archives

Re: could not open file "global/pg_filenode.map": Operation not permitted

Greetings,

* Nick Renders (postgres@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > ...run them under different users on the system.
>
> Are you referring to the "postgres" user / role? Does that also mean setting up 2 postgres installation directories?

Yes, two separate MacOS user accounts is what I was suggesting.  You
could use the same postgres binaries though, no need to have two
installation of them.  You'd need seperate data directories, of course,
as you have currently.

> This script runs on a daily basis at 4:30 AM. It did so this morning and there was no issue with cluster B. So even though the issue is most likely related to the script, it does not cause it every time.

Seems likely that it's some sort of race condition.

Thanks,

Stephen