Search Postgresql Archives

Re: About rsync

Greetings,

* Rama Krishnan (raghuldrag@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I have primary and stand by setup in that customer using wal_keep_segment
> very low number and database size were also high so that cilent asking with
> me in order use pgbase backup can't we use rsyn
>
> Here my question is if the wal is is presented on primary and not in
> standby then rsync will work but if the wal files were missed at primary if
> I am using rsync to the db will be work here please explain me

Not really following what's being asked here, but one thing that I can
certainly say is that rsync, by itself, is not an acceptable solution
for performing online backups of PostgreSQL.

I'd strongly suggest you continue to use pg_basebackup or look into a
more advanced tool like pgBackRest if you need a backup solution for
PostgreSQL.

Thanks,

Stephen