Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Need Assistance: Command to display procedures does not work

On 2/28/24 09:13, Sasmit Utkarsh wrote:

Reply to list also
Ccing list
HI Adrian,

Related to shc shema, they were part of different host/machine. Currently, I'm seeing the result for this discrepancy on another server machine where we have only a public schema.

1) I doubt that if this is the database you are showing in your pgAdmin4 screenshot.

2) The information I asked for in my previous post is still relevant and needs answering.

3) Add pronamespace::regnamespace to your SELECT query to get the schema names for the the functions.

Regards,
Sasmit Utkarsh
+91-7674022625

On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 10:35 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 2/28/24 08:52, Sasmit Utkarsh wrote:
     > Hi Adrian,
     >
     > Thanks for the info, But I have another question: I could see the
    below
     > functions list with the help on query execution on psql command line
     >
     >    shc_data=> S*ELECT proname AS function_name,proacl AS
    privileges FROM
     > pg_proc WHERE proname in

    ('sql_insert_data_procedure','sql_select_data_procedure','sql_select_size_procedure','sql_update_data_procedure');*
     >         function_name       | privileges
     > ---------------------------+------------
     >   sql_select_size_procedure |
     >   sql_select_data_procedure |
     >   sql_insert_data_procedure |
     >   sql_update_data_procedure |
     > (4 rows)
     >
     > but when I try to connect to the same db on PgAdmin4, I don't see
    the
     > list even after refresh. Why is that different?

    1) Are you sure you are connecting to correct database.

    2) If I followed your previous posts correctly those functions where
    not
    in the public schema you are looking at in pgAdmin4. They where in the
    shc(?) schema which I am pretty sure is the second schema in the
    Schemas(2) in the object tree.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx