Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL Guard

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 3:48 PM Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Suppose you want to transfer the database of a website like Amazon.com to a new server and delete the old one. Many users are buying and selling on this website at the same time and it is not possible to turn off the server. What do you do to move a database to another server?

If we assume your question is "how can we migrate to a new system while keeping the old one up and running to minimize downtime?" the answer is logical replication.

https://www.crunchydata.com/blog/data-to-go-postgres-logical-replication

Cheers,
Greg