Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL Guard

I used this web page to implement hot standby via physical streaming.  This command sets up everything for you:
pg_basebackup \
            --pgdata=$PGDATA \
            --dbname=service=basebackup \
            --verbose --progress \
            --checkpoint=fast \
            --write-recovery-conf \
            --wal-method=stream \
            --create-slot --slot=pgstandby1 \
            --compress=server-zstd
I got it from https://www.tecmint.com/configure-postgresql-streaming-replication-in-centos-8/, which I encourage you to read.

For guarding, and situations with a minimal RTO SLA, I use PgPool-II to manage the cluster, automatic failover and Virtual IP address.  Note that only two database servers are needed.  Install PgPool on the two DB servers, and a third, smaller system.

There are other products which do the same thing as PgPool, and you might find them better.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 12:00 PM Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/high-availability.html

--